Skip to main content

The Truth



When did it become wrong to tell people the truth?  Most of the time people don’t want to hear the truth and they definitely don’t want to do the work to change their digestive system.  As a society, we have been trained to respond this way: you go to the doctors, they give you a pill, and it masks the problem.  It typically will not solve the problem and it comes with a list of side effects, but it does give you instant relief.
People used to use herbal remedies which, believe it or not, are very effective and potent.  Unfortunately, most people under estimate herbs and their effectiveness.
A lot of clients come to me totally exhausted, feeling defeated and discouraged with typical western medicine.  Others simply have difficultly talking about their digestive issues, an emotional and psychological problem that has effected thousands of people in our society.  While not something most people are comfortable discussing, “Fecal matter, pooping, dumping” are not bad or unattractive, they are terms for a human function that we all do.  I have heard all types of various names for bowel movements, and it saddens me to hear the stories of women that feel uncomfortable having a bowel movement because they are worried about what others (especially their significant other) may hear, smell, and think.  These women are physically incapable of relaxing, giving them chronic constipation as adults.
Defecating is in the relaxing, not in the pushing.  There is a disconnection between the sphincter and the brain. This causes a number of problems. When we ignore the signals to release, we lose the sensitivity that sends the signal. This is your body’s natural way of releasing toxic waste and holding that in your body creates auto-intoxification. This is how disease and cancer get started.  It is very important if you feel you have to go, GO! Listen to your body.
Most clients struggle with taking time to poop.  This is something I started doing several years ago. If you don’t take the time, you’re not going to go “poop.”  Every morning I meditate and I get a spiritual book (not my cell phone).  I sit on the toilet and I breathe deep and I relax for 10-15 minutes every day. I don’t get mad if I don’t go. I do this whether I feel like I have to go or not, and there have been times that I have not felt like I have to go and I have gone.  I had desensitized my colon, but today, I am reconnecting to my colon.  I practice treating myself like I would my nephew and I don’t get mad at myself (negative self-talk is very powerful and destructive) if I don’t go.  Going or not going is not something to get upset over.  I either pooped, or I didn’t. When I treat myself lovingly as I travel down this journey of health and wellness and take more time for me, I’m healing.  Taking this me time sets the tone for my day. We get so busy with life, running from one thing to another, not taking time for self-care, that it’s no wonder that we are sick as a society. 
People come to me after having digestive issues for years, and sometimes they are not even aware of it.  The truth is that some people want to change their habit and get healthier and some people don’t.  It’s typically a life style change and it requires a lot of work. You don’t just not poop one day. It just doesn’t happen like that.  Let me illustrate it like this: If you have a job that requires a lot of heavy lifting, you need to exercise proper lifting techniques and you should be wearing a back brace as well.  If you don’t, you may be able to work that way for a while, but eventually your back with break down, causing a lot of damage such as torn muscles, herniated discs, etc.  It will take a lot of time and money to repair, and there is a good chance it may never be as good as it was before the injury.  It’s the same when it comes to the digestive system.  There are a lot of things we can do to make it better, but putting the right foods into your body is just as important as taking precautions to protect it.
When clients come to me, they are very amazed at how toxic they have made their bodies and are in shock about how the food they have been eating has caused that and how it’s been effecting them. Our society and our food is making them sick, even when trying to eat cleanly. Cleansing your colon is as important as brushing your teeth, maybe even more important, as this is the dirtiest part of your body. This is where disease and cancer comes from, so why wouldn’t you want to keep it clean?

To reconnect with your body, to be present, to build health digest and optimal health, is possible.  It takes time just like rehabilitating a back injury.  It start very simply: we eat food from the earth, organic fruits and vegetables, not processed foods. We drink lots of water and we avoid anything with chemicals.  We need to start to rebuild our health bacteria and enzymes, and we need to clean out the old as we bring in the new.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Electrolytes and How Do They Affect Your Digestion?

                    What Are Electrolytes and How Do They Affect Your Digestion? We've all heard that electrolytes are essential for staying hydrated, especially during intense physical activities. But these essential minerals do more than just help us replenish fluids. They are also important for regulating nerve and muscle function, balancing pH levels, and aiding in digestion. So, what exactly are electrolytes, and how do they affect your digestion? In this post, we will explore these essential minerals and their importance in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Firstly, let's define what electrolytes are. Electrolytes are charged minerals that conduct electrical impulses in our body, helping to regulate various functions. Electrolytes are primarily found in bodily fluids like blood, sweat, and urine. Some of the most important electrolytes include sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and chloride. Now, let's talk about how electrolytes affect your digestion. Elect

Histamines: How They Impact Digestion

   Histamines: How They Impact Digestion   Histamines are molecules that play an important role in our immune system. They are responsible for triggering an inflammatory response to protect us from harmful foreign substances. However, histamines can also have a negative impact on our digestive system if they are not properly regulated. In this blog post, we will be shedding light on the truth about histamines, what they are, and how they can affect your digestion. We will also discuss ways to manage histamine levels to improve gastrointestinal health.   As mentioned, histamines are a natural component of the immune system. They are produced by mast cells, which are found in various tissues, including the gastrointestinal tract. When the body encounters a potential threat, such as an allergen or pathogen, mast cells release histamines into the bloodstream. This causes the blood vessels to dilate and increases blood flow to the affected area, leading to swelling, redness, and oth

The Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous Systems

  The Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous Systems Understanding the human body involves understanding the systems that keep it functioning optimally. Two of these systems are the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems, which are integral parts of the autonomic nervous system. They ensure the body's internal functions run smoothly and adapt to various situations - whether we're calm and relaxed or facing a stressful event. The sympathetic nervous system, often referred to as our 'fight or flight' response, kicks into gear during times of stress, increasing heart rate and blood pressure, while diverting blood flow from non-essential functions like digestion to more critical tasks. This can result in slowed digestion and alterations in the gut microbiome. Conversely, the parasympathetic nervous system, or our 'rest and digest' response, predominates in times of relaxation. This system promotes digestion by stimulating the production of digestive enzyme