Skip to main content

my passion for health cooking

My passion for healthy cooking started way early in my teenage years, I always liked cooking. As far as I can remember I was always looking at cooking labels, looking at the ingredients and finding new way to recreate new dishes. Although when I turned 18 I was highered on as a cook at a sizzler and my cooking passion took off, cooking came natural to me. I soon was running the kitchen.
 Where I became obsessed with healthy cooking came from my passion of fitness the two passioned collided. I soon started studying nutrition and found myself finding ways to recreate my favorite dishes that where, well not so healthy and finding was to may them healthy and make them taste amazingly great.

What happen to me was i soon realized that there was a disconnect between health and fitness, a lot of people in fitness where actually not healthy. I struggled internally with the two different beliefs and for lack of better terms diets. They are every different . One is holistic and the other is protein packed and full of chemicals.

I began my journey of nutrition by studying the food, literally. I would go to the library and i would study each and every vegetable fruit, you name it i studied it. I wanted to understand the nutritional content and how our bodies assimilated food. Then I started going to classes and learning from other and experimenting with juicing and raw food. I bought every book there was to read and began my journey of experimental healthy living. I learned how to make everything myself and with all types of mediums. I learned that everything we learned in school in nutrition was ass backwards and that our nations was sick because of it.

As a national Figure Competitor, I found myself after 7 years of being raw and vegetarian give in to the fitness diet to attain a dream and goal. I was very conflicted during this time. although,Looking back I realized that it was very much required for me to be where I am today. The first year of competing I had a coach when gave me the regular chicken and rice regiment and then i found a new coach that was in the middle that was more in line with my belief but it still didn't alien with my spirit. it was more salad with chicken or fish six times a day with Odo's oil. Then i found  the strength with in me to create my own diet that I created that was 85 percent raw and organic and with wild fish. I  would also include raw juice and vitamins that I created a that would help supplement my diet and nourish my body, after a year of that I even took it a step further and created my own supplementation.  Today I love my food and I realize that I require protein to operate optimallly, I also require a small amount of carbohydrate with the amount of energy I exert. I choose to eat sweat potatoes  because they are actually a fruit and are high in fiber and full of nutrients. All the food that I eat today all from the earth in there original state of are altered by me. I do not eat processed foods or anything pasteurized. I also make all my food from scratch and I have to tell you I have so much fun doing it too.

My passion is making healthy foods taste great and today I love sharing that passion with others. To me health is everything with out that we are unable to show up to do anything else in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Electrolytes and How Do They Affect Your Digestion?

                    What Are Electrolytes and How Do They Affect Your Digestion? We've all heard that electrolytes are essential for staying hydrated, especially during intense physical activities. But these essential minerals do more than just help us replenish fluids. They are also important for regulating nerve and muscle function, balancing pH levels, and aiding in digestion. So, what exactly are electrolytes, and how do they affect your digestion? In this post, we will explore these essential minerals and their importance in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Firstly, let's define what electrolytes are. Electrolytes are charged minerals that conduct electrical impulses in our body, helping to regulate various functions. Electrolytes are primarily found in bodily fluids like blood, sweat, and urine. Some of the most important electrolytes include sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and chloride. Now, let's talk about how electrolytes affect your digestion. Elect

Histamines: How They Impact Digestion

   Histamines: How They Impact Digestion   Histamines are molecules that play an important role in our immune system. They are responsible for triggering an inflammatory response to protect us from harmful foreign substances. However, histamines can also have a negative impact on our digestive system if they are not properly regulated. In this blog post, we will be shedding light on the truth about histamines, what they are, and how they can affect your digestion. We will also discuss ways to manage histamine levels to improve gastrointestinal health.   As mentioned, histamines are a natural component of the immune system. They are produced by mast cells, which are found in various tissues, including the gastrointestinal tract. When the body encounters a potential threat, such as an allergen or pathogen, mast cells release histamines into the bloodstream. This causes the blood vessels to dilate and increases blood flow to the affected area, leading to swelling, redness, and oth

The Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous Systems

  The Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous Systems Understanding the human body involves understanding the systems that keep it functioning optimally. Two of these systems are the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems, which are integral parts of the autonomic nervous system. They ensure the body's internal functions run smoothly and adapt to various situations - whether we're calm and relaxed or facing a stressful event. The sympathetic nervous system, often referred to as our 'fight or flight' response, kicks into gear during times of stress, increasing heart rate and blood pressure, while diverting blood flow from non-essential functions like digestion to more critical tasks. This can result in slowed digestion and alterations in the gut microbiome. Conversely, the parasympathetic nervous system, or our 'rest and digest' response, predominates in times of relaxation. This system promotes digestion by stimulating the production of digestive enzyme